WGES Phase II Music Assignment #1: Make a song with items around your house using rhythmic patterns
- Students will learn that sounds can be created by hitting, scraping, or shaking found items and can be put into patterns to create music.
- Students will perform rhythmic composition using found items around the house.
- Students will arrange musical symbols into patterns to create composition.
- Students will respond by explaining what their composition is about either in verbal or written responses.
- Have student find 2-3 items from around the house that when hit, scraped, or shaken to produce different sounds. Item examples can include pots, pans, bowls, toys, combs, etc.
- Have student create a rhythmic pattern of sounds and silences using the symbols/letters composition worksheet for their grade level.
- Have student practice composition and then perform it on video
- Have student explain what their composition is about either on video or by writing their explanation down.
- Send performance video and picture of completed worksheet to teacher by Thursday April 30, 2020.
HELP??? Mrs. Kelley I need Help!!–> Try this link to a quick help video: https://flipgrid.com/d9cc7b92
Extra Rhythmic Practice links: