Welcome to Living Environment class! I am excited to work with you and your child. I know we will have a successful, productive year and I look forward to being a part of the academic progress your child will make.
In Living Environment I expect nothing but the best work from my students. We will study the science of life inside and out—from the diversification of all living things to the intricacies of how the human body works.
I would appreciate your support at home in the following ways:
- Make sure your child is prepared for class each day with the proper supplies (binder, paper, writing utensils, homework, etc.).
- Ask your child what they learned in school that day.
- Encourage your child to ask questions in class and to make arrangements to see me when they do not understand something we cover in class.
- Encourage your child to use the “Extra Help Links” posted on my website.
- Emphasize the importance of attendance and hard work. Establish a regular time and place (away from TV and other distractions) to complete homework.
- Please e-mail me or arrange to meet with me to check on the progress of your student.
- Remind your child to stay on top of their Living Environment lab assignments. They must meet a minimum lab requirement to be eligible to take the Regents Exam in June.
More information about the Living Environment course will be passed out in class on the first day. Please review this information with your child, then fill out and sign the attached sheet. This will count as the first homework grade. I encourage you to contact me to discuss any questions or concerns you may have. I look forward to working with you to ensure your child’s success in this course!